We are going to take a look at a pair of Wireless headphones by the UK based company – Skullcandy. The headphones in question are the Hesh 3.
We try to break down what makes the third iteration of their popular Hesh line-up of headphones tick and is it worth it.
I am proud to say that I owned the original Hesh headphones a long time back, for a brief period of time i.e. they broke after I used them for some period. The build quality was seriously questionable to the point that they themselves admitted to the fragile nature of the build. Although I have to admit at that moment I was in college I loved the sound of these headphones and the way they looked was out of the world at the time.
As we grow up, our tastes evolve and for a company to keep a track of their demographic is a big thing. Luckily for us, the company Skullcandy has matured not only in its design but as an overall product. I won’t divulge much at the beginning; let’s get on with the review.
- These headphones come in a box package that is very well made, in fact, it’s so good that I actually use it as a permanent storage place when at home, and when I need to use it, just take it out of the box use it and then stow it away.
- It comes with a reading manual, an AUX connector and nothing much out of the Box.
- The one downside is that it doesn’t come with any form of protective case or even a simple cloth bag that generally all companies provide at this price range.
- These headphones are made of plastic all around. Besides the adjustable head strap from inside is made of metal, the side cushion in the ear pads and the inner headbands support feel like they are made of high-quality leatherette material.
- The build is flexible, but they don’t necessarily exude quality and feels like so when flexing them.
- However, they can be folded up to be put as a stowaway or make them lie flat on the desk.
- At no point of time, have I felt that these headphones are as fragile as the original Hesh were, but it doesn’t give me the inspiring feeling of quality build that I should feel at this day and age.
- When I took these headphones out from the box the first time and put them around my ears I felt like my ears would start ringing and my head just might get crushed (might be an exaggeration) but seriously the clamping force of these headphones was a lot.
- I kept on using these headphones for some time and after maybe 8 – 10 hrs. Of use, it felt quite comfortable in fact secured in my head knowing that it would not fall out of my head anytime soon.
- The foam padding on the inner headband is really slim but does a decent job for providing comfort while I listen to my tunes and watch movies, I generally use them for anywhere between 2 to 3 hours of continuous use and I don’t find any issues at all.
- The ear cups rotate well allowing me to find a perfect comfort spot for my ears. The foam padding provides good noise isolation and blockage from outside noise as these are around the ear headphones they do a very good job of blocking ambient noise.
- They are one of the most understated designs to come from the stables of Skullcandy and it shows that they have truly matured as an Audio company, and like me when I was 18 and wanted a cool looking headphone with a big – ass skull logo in centre of the cups, I wouldn’t wear them now and neither do the Skullcandy of today make such designs. I feel like we both matured together and so did our design language.
- I can safely say that these headphones are not any more to serve those jumped up teenagers who are looking for a momentary high by listening to “dat sick beatz” with massive bass drops and don’t much care for any other instrument playing, and not giving two hoots about audio clarity.
- The same essence of Skullcandy being a more matured, well rounded Audio company continues to reflect in the Hesh 3 audio performance. Now don’t get me wrong these headphones have a colorful sound signature, they have been able to achieve all of that by keeping the music you listen to more natural. While they do emphasis on Bass, it ensures that other frequencies don’t drown out that much.
- However, the soundstage could be better, and the voices could’ve been more pronounced.
- Who is this for?
- If you like listening to RAP, R&B, Hip-Hop, Pop, DJ, Electronic, Club & House Music these headphones are the way to go.
- If you’d rather listen to Rock, Soul, Classical, Jazz there are better headphones to buy at this price range
- Price: These headphones retail for a price of around Rs. 8,000 in India. These headphones can be picked up from Amazon with our links down below.
- Competitors: There is a sweet spot for wireless headphones at 8K you can find some super awesome pair of headphones that won’t break the bank and will sound good:
- Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT Wireless headphones retail for the same price and offer a better build quality. They sound better when listening to Rock, Soul, and music that focuses more voice clarity. However, the Skullcandy can get much louder and maintain its clarity.
- Skullcandy Crusher Wireless headphones are the top of the line headphone for the company, and anyone who has ever been a fan of them knows about their Skullcrushers. If you are someone with even the slightest of taste in music and want to enjoy music in the way it was intended and should sound decent just ignore these. You would be much better off buying the Hesh 3 for a bit less price.
Although I do wish they would’ve priced these pair of headphones a bit less at 5K mar, it would have been a huge success and people would’ve gone out and bought it. The argument keeps coming back to is whether you want to spend so much money for a pair of headphones that just doesn’t have the quality of lineage that can be boasted by the likes of Beats by Dre, Sennheiser or Bose to name a few.
This is the perfect headphone if you have been a fan of Skullcandy and have grown up with it, and like you, these headphones have matured with age and waiting for you to fall in love with these pair of Wireless Headphones.
Watch the Full Video Review Here:
Buy the Headphones from the link below for the best price: